Monday, December 7, 2015

???

"President Obama is right. ISIS will be destroyed with an international coalition in which Muslim troops on the ground are supported by the United States, United Kingdom, France, Russia and other leading powers. We must learn the lesson of Iraq. American troops should not be engaged in perpetual warfare in the Middle East. Further, as we destroy ISIS, it is essential that we do not allow fear and division to undermine the constitutional rights that make us a free people."

I actually agree with Bernie Sanders on this.  I do think that ISIS needs to be "destroyed".  I don think that the "moderate" Muslim nations need to take the lions share of the role of actually doing the destruction.  I think that the failure of the "moderate" Muslim nations to deal with this tends to undermine their credibility and keep the door open the those who think that they secretly support ISIS.   I think that we don't want US troops to be engaged in perpetual war anywhere, but that we can't unilaterally withdraw from confronting evil in the world either.   Finally, I agree that we must not undermine or limit our constitutional rights in the process.


There's no way in the world I'd vote for him, but when he's right he's right.

Even a blind pig...

No comments: