Friday, April 26, 2019

Prove God

I'm occasionally asked if it's possible to "prove God", my usual response is to point to one or more of the proofs that have been offered for God's existence and to ask the questioner to demonstrate why those proofs fail.   So far, I've yet to have anyone even make an attempt to do so.

But, a couple of posts over at the Wintery Knight blog raise a different question.

Is proving atheism wrong a substitute for proving that God exists?  

At this point, I'm not suggesting anything other than theism.

https://winteryknight.com/2019/04/26/how-the-wmap-satellite-confirmed-nucleosynthesis-predictions-and-falsified-atheism-7/



https://winteryknight.com/2019/04/25/how-the-discovery-of-the-cosmic-microwave-background-radiation-falsified-atheism-6/

I'm not suggesting that these scientific discoveries prove atheism false, but I'm asking the question "If atheism is proven false then aren't we left with theism?".


1 comment:

Craig said...

Anonymous, plural, if you’d like to comment I’d appreciate your name.