Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It seems that those on the left can get away with saying just about anything.

I'm not talking about the guy who is slated to replace John Stewart and his comments that certainly appear to be insensitive and anti-semitic.

Nor am I talking about the pro Hillary guy who came out with the list of words that can't be used to describe Hillary.    Although, it seems strange that you can call her disingenuous when she gets caught lying.

Nor am I talking about the death threats that Sarah Palin received on social media, which didn't seem to bother those on the left.


No, I'm talking about a conversation I had today with a co worker.   Literally out of nowhere this person said "Yes, I'll like (insert the name of a conservative ex congressperson here) when they're dead.".

I can only imagine the response had I said "yeah, I'll like P-Bo when he's dead.", or any other liberal icon.

I could be wrong about this, but I know that I (and most of my conservative friends) would never say something like this.   Certainly not in a conversation where others might actually have positive feelings toward the object of the comment.   

It just seems a bit strange.


2 comments:

Marshal Art said...

I've seen similar comments myself. The left has no problem speaking in such extreme terms with regards to their dislike for conservative figures. One alleged lefty "Christian" blogger, who no longer even allows comments since he consistently failed to defend his wacky notions against even minor scrutiny, spoke of no longer having Jesse Helms around to breathe the same air after Helms passed away.

It is a rather stark difference between the left and the right, that the left would see opponents dead, while the right would see opponents repent and live on.

By the way, I just noticed how much blogging you've been doing. I'm going to be doing some "binge" reading to catch up, and I've started with this posting. It's good to see.

Marshal Art said...

OK. Actually, I went a bit further back. Nonetheless...