Sunday, April 30, 2017

The Only Way

The sermon this week was regarding people questioning if Jesus is the only way to salvation, essentially the "all roads lead to God" argument.  Two thoughts struck me enough to write them down.

1.  If Jesus is who He said He was, if He is factually correct when He claims to be (among other things) "The Way, The Truth, and The Life" and that "Nobody gets to the Father but through Him.", then is seems as if telling anyone anything else is the complete, total opposite of acting out of love or in their best interest.

2.  If, in fact, all roads DO lead to God.  If, in fact, all roads ARE the same.  Then I suggest that you start in downtown Kansas City, MO and try to get to the same place taking I-70 as you do taking I-35. 

2 comments:

Stan said...

Someone once questioned me, "You don't really believe that Jesus is the only way, do you?" I told him, "Look, I get that you don't like it, but I wasn't the One that said it."

Craig said...

An excellent point.

Clearly ones view on the statement is rooted in ones view of Jesus. If one views Jesus as the second person of the trinity, fully God and fully man and all the other things He said about Himself, then His statement makes complete sense. In reality He's the only person in any sort of position to know.

If one views Jesus as merely a good teacher, or someone with no real authority, then this statement has no authority either.