Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Back To Millenials, sort of...

I noticed something on my chest of drawers the other night that surprised me.  

I would have assumed that before the author wrote and published his 12 Theses, that he might have engaged in what legal types call Due Diligence.  This is the process where people do research into the subject of interest.   In this case, had the author done a bit of research, he would have found a couple of things.  One, he would have found that there is a seminary in CA that is actively engaged in researching and engaging with solutions to how The Church and millennials interact.   Two, he would have found the existence of a volume based on research conducted by the Barna group (a copy of which I found on my dresser).

Now, maybe I'm a little strange, but if I was going to write a series of 12 points claiming to speak for millennials regarding their detachment from The Church it seems reasonable to actually do the research and find out what's actually being done.

So, my current plan is to complete the series of posts on the individual points, then to take a look at the Barna research and also see what else is out there to see how it lines up with the authors complaints.

No comments: