Monday, May 21, 2018

Starbucks owes me money!

Last February I was in Clearwater Florida on a combination business trip for my wife and to see family.   One night we were trying to find someplace for a late dinner, and while driving through the beach area, I was struck by an acute need for a bathroom.   So I got dropped off outside of Starbucks, ran inside, frantically ordered and paid for an iced tea before asking for the bathroom key.   At that point I availed myself of the pissoir, grabbed my tea, and left.  Needless to say I didn’t drink the tea, which I just spent about $4.50 on.   I clearly made the mistake of thinking that the most respectful way to ask to use the bathroom was to become a paying customer, I guess I’m an idiot.

FYI, any time I stop at a gas station just to use the bathroom, I buy something.    It just seems like the right way to operate.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Since when is asking questions about the post and your comments about the post “off topic”? Even if I did have comments “on topic”, you’ve already announced that you aren’t interested unless they mimic your positions.

Yes, I understand. I’m not sure there is enough content to agree or disagree with.

Think you for your clear answers to the questions.

Since you believe that these people should be “stopped”, how would you “stop” them? What criteria would you use to make the determination that a specific immigrant should be “stopped”?


Are you sure you read the entire story?

I’m asking because I’m trying to get specific details of your vague statements.

Your question about the “free movement of people”, is much too vague to try to answer it as asked. Unless you’d be willing to clarify, I just can’t in good conscience toss off a glib, simplistic answer.

I’ve never heard the concept of unlimited, unrestricted movement with no regard for anything be called a “basic human right”, so I’m not sure how to respond. First, it’s such a broad and vague concept that I think that I’d have to consider the ramifications before answering. Second, is there someplace I can find a list of all of the “basic human rights”, and who decided what they were?

I’m sorry that I’m not able to give you the unnuanced answers you would prefer, but I’m leery of agreeing to something without knowing as much as possible about what I’m agreeing with.