Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Podcast

 I've recently been listening to the JFH podcast and really enjoying it.  I'm about halfway through an interview with David Crowder and have been interested in the conversation about the Christian tension between the now and the not yet.

They talk about how so much of what people are protesting and yelling about can be seen as a cry for the not yet.   The we as humans have an intense desire to see wrongs put to right because, and are impatient for that to happen.   So much so that we are willing to settle for something less that God temporarily.

They also talked about how much of social media is simply expressing a desire to be known and loved absent a relationship with God.  


I'm probably not totally accurately representing the conversation, and I'll adjust this as I listen further.    It reminded me of the ways that we try to fill the "God shaped hole" that Lewis talked about.  


https://www.jesusfreakhideout.com/podcasts/Episode137.asp

No comments: