Thursday, July 9, 2026

Can The DFL Survive?

https://x.com/nextuphalperin/status/2074911739834220663?s=46&t=cLq01Oy84YkmYPZ-URIMYw

4 comments:

Marshal Art said...

They enjoy a wealth of stupid voters, who can't make adult decisions about voting choices. They will vote for anyone with a (D) behind their name against anyone with an (R). Look at how eagerly Dan is willing to ignore moral and policy deficiencies...lack of any notable positives in accomplishments...to sing the praises of any lefty schmuck one can mention.

Then, on the other hand, too many "conservatives" will stay home over nonsense, totally ignoring the bigger picture, which is the constant harm inflicted upon the nation under Dem control.

They will survive. It's just a matter of what they will look like. In order for that to be untrue, it will require constant GOP wins (particularly where real conservatives are in play and/or entrenched), together with growing apathy among the leftist "faithful".

Craig said...

Who knows. I tend to think that everyone has their tipping point. Just like the last election where we saw increasing number of black and Hispanic voters voting for Trump, I suspect that the DFL can only go so far before they lose enough voters to change. I also suspect that the DFL voters who can't bring themselves to vote GOP, will sit out and it'll be a wash.

It'll be interesting to see how GOP voters react to a POTUS candidate with less personal baggage. I suspect (hope) that a nomination process focused on uniting the party behind the best candidate, especially one with a strong track record, can minimize those who sit this next one out.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I can't get these without being on X.

Craig said...

Sorry.