Wednesday, November 7, 2018

A strange new world

I’ve never been foolish enough to believe that what happens on the internet is real life, but I do feel like I’ve cultivated some relationships online that I wouldn’t have had any other way.   People who I’d certainly try to connect with if I’m ever near them.

One of those people is Dan.   There are many things I disagree with Dan about and have for years and years.   But I honestly believe that I would enjoy the opportunity to sit down over beverages or with guitars with him and hang out.   Just like I do with other people I disagree with.

Yet somehow after more years of commenting on each other’s blogs, vast numbers of emails, prayers for each other, and sympathy in times of hurt, that all means nothing.     It doesn’t even get me the privilege of an opportunity to “prove” that I’m a real human being.   It certainly doesn’t exempt me from lies being told about me or attacks on my character.  

But that’s ok.   Jesus calls me to love others no matter how they treat me, and I’m going to try to do just that.

No comments: