Tuesday, November 20, 2018

We’re not all that.

“Jesus never had a problem with people who knew their shortcomings; He didn’t tolerate people who faked it. Once we get real with where we actually are and our desperate need for Him, He’s got a person He can do something with.”

I think this is more true than ever in our current climate.   Where people insist that humanity is intrinsically good (born pure, sinless, and perfect), where culture and social media decide what’s right and wrong.   

Maybe there’s something to simply, humbly, admitting that we’re sinful, broken people who desperately need a savior.    Maybe it’s ok to be real and transparent about our failings and shortcomings.    

I know that the more I have someone or a group of people that know all my shortcomings, the more free I am to focus on God.   


No comments: