Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Am I the only one bothered?

Recently, we've seen video of police targeting gatherings of observant Jews that take place in their homes, and that are targeted based on their religion.   This is on top of authorities seeming to target Jewish places of worship and gathering months ago.   I know a lot of people throw around comparisons with Germany in the 30's and 40's with abandon, but the similarities can't be ignored, can they?

 

We've also seen various regulations limiting the size of Thanksgiving gatherings this year.   There's just something about the government telling people that they can't gather with their families to celebrate a holiday that doesn't seem right to me.

 

I'm sure there will be folx who'll tell me that I'm overreacting or that I should just shut up and submit, I guess these are probably the same folx who advocate tolerance.

2 comments:

Marshal Art said...

Here in the People's Republic of Illinois, we have a governor that is non-discriminatory. He's shutting down ALL restaurants, denying indoor seating, because Covid. Doesn't matter if it's a Jewish, Italian, Mexican restaurant. Isn't that swell? Now ALL the people will suffer and ALL the restaurants will go out of business equally.

Craig said...

And just like in CA, they’ll blame the economic problems on Trump.