Monday, August 24, 2026

This Is Why

 "Marshal, in a now-deleted comment..."

This is why I don't comment at Dan's.   Dan starts comment after comment with some version of this for some unknown reason.   

This is why I (almost always) allow Dan and others to leave comments which may annoy me, may be full of lies and BS, or may offend others.   Because I do not need to play these kinds of games.    

5 comments:

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

It's why I don't allow Dan's comments on my blog.

Marshal Art said...

If we were to assume that he had actual legitimate reasons to delete comments, rather than merely his perversely fearful hatred for opposing points of view, I would think that...as we do...allowing (in general) comments to stand would expose the commenting visitor to be seen as the "disrespectful, immature" visitor he needs everyone else to believe the deleted person is. But the plain fact is that he cannot contend with facts and truths which stand in the way of his heresies and lies, so deletion on the false premise of bad behavior is all he has.

Craig said...

Strangely enough, it's why I allow them here. I am determined to honor my promise to Dan (and everyone but you know who) that I will not treat commenters the way that Dan does. I am very clear about giving Dan ample warning and grace when he crosses a line that I have clearly set, and I tend to err on the side of more grace in this matter than less. When he does cross lines, I will try to excerpt portions of his comments that are appropriate to post while eliminating the problematic parts.

I prefer to show Dan more grace than Dan shows others. I also like to give him the opportunity to make himself look foolish in his own words.

Craig said...

The problem with his capricious deletions is that his reasons are incredibly vague. When I've kept and posted my comments here, it is clear that his characterization of them has been false to anyone who read them. You've done the same. Whether it's fear or a desire to exert control over others, I don't know. I guess there is probably some crossover there as well. It's his way of bullying people into compliance disguised as being virtuous and not offending anyone.

In any case, it's just him refusing to show the grace he demands of others.

That he doesn't apply the same standards to his pet troll is hilarious.

Craig said...

Given Dan's behavior, his demands for respect while refusing to show respect are hypocritical.