https://x.com/JimFergusonUK/status/2082110074961723831
Really finny and well done use of AI video.
https://x.com/mr_andrew_fox/status/2082027875385872696?s=51&t=cLq01Oy84YkmYPZ-URIMYw
https://t.co/zpvKersiir
The myth of Gaza genocide (which Dam willingly shilled for) is pretty much completely dead at this point.
https://x.com/themainewire/status/2082916015072072181?s=51&t=cLq01Oy84YkmYPZ-URIMYw
But Trump!!!!!
https://x.com/benonwine/status/2082762821515776080?s=51&t=cLq01Oy84YkmYPZ-URIMYw
" John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson feel like the last two adults left in the room. For years they’ve been saying the quiet part out loud: free speech matters, humour is not a crime, and a society that cannot laugh at itself is already sick. And for that simple, decent stance they have been dragged through the cancellation machine. These are not angry ideologues. They are two men who just wanted to make people laugh and tell the truth. Instead they have been treated like heretics smeared, isolated, and told to sit down and shut up by people who once claimed to love satire. The British humour they helped create the kind that was razor sharp, fearless, and never cruel for the sake of it has almost disappeared. That humour didn’t just entertain us. It made us stronger. It taught us not to take ourselves so seriously. It gave us thicker skin. Now that skin is being deliberately stripped away, and the only ones still trying to protect it are the ones the culture keeps trying to cancel. Cleese and Atkinson never asked to be heroes. They just refused to pretend. And in an age of mass pretending, that alone makes them extraordinary."
1 comment:
1. Funny indeed. Just looking at all the background stuff would be enough if the sound was off!
2 & 3. Western media bears a great deal of responsibility for allowing the lies to be reported at all without the slightest vetting. To hide behind "it's being reported that..." doesn't protect media from their complicity. They at least need to affirm that they haven't been able to verify any of it, and highlight more strongly that fact. There's definitely a desire that the lies be true. Shameful.
4. While still giving one the "icks!", 2nd cousins are distant enough biologically to diminish any threat one might reasonably fear from a more closely incestuous relationship. As such, I try not to let my "icks!" get in the way, though I oppose it in principle for sure. I takes me back to my late teens, early twenties when I worked in a grocery warehouse and befriended a co-worker who was a bit older than I, and a fascinating "scholarly" type had taken up with his 2nd cousin. Again, I was a bit put off, but not intently and didn't make a big deal of it. My roommate, got the "icks!" immediately and I reminded him the girl was his 2nd cousin. My roommates response? "I don't care what place she came in!"
5. Two comedy giants. To think that they can so boldly speak the truth and take heat for it is disturbing, especially when...as says the poster...they made their bones doing what they now are taking heat for defending.
Post a Comment