Sunday, August 19, 2018

A little unwell

I saw a post on Twitter today that suggested that Trump has some sort of mental illness, and that it is getting worse.   Now, I have no standing to address the validity of this claim, but some of the things he says make me wonder.  

But, what I wonder, is what the response would be from those who hate him if this theory is true.   If, in reality Trump is mentally ill, then wouldn’t that mean that he’s not evil?   Wouldn’t that mean that empathy and concern are more appropriate than hatred and vitriol?   Wouldn’t that mean that he should be dealt with under the 25th amendment rather than through impeachment?  Wouldn’t that mean that treatment rather than punishment would be appropriate?   Most of all would those who spew hatred be able or willing to admit that they were wrong?

Clearly this would be an unprecedented situation and would require an unprecedented response.  But, I suspect that concern, compassion, and empathy would be in short supply.

2 comments:

Marshal Art said...

I share your suspicion. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they saw this as some kind of victory.

Craig said...

I'm sure that there is more than a bit of truth in your theory.