Monday, January 6, 2020

This sounds interesting

https://winteryknight.com/2020/01/04/wayne-grudem-debates-richard-glover-on-the-bible-poverty-and-foreign-aid-4/


This is a post, with links, to a debate about how best to lift nations out of poverty from a Biblical standpoint.

It's based around a book by Wayne Grudem "The Poverty of Nations" and a critique of the book by Richard Glover.

I intend to get the book and give it a read.  It certainly sounds like it would be worthwhile.  It also sounds like it would go along with some other things I've read about poverty recently.  

4 comments:

Marshal Art said...

I have the book, but have not finished reading it. It's not exactly a page turner. I can't say I've lost interest, but I haven't picked it up in some time. What I've read thus far, however, seems to me to be a more than reasonable take on what does and doesn't work with regard to promoting wealth creation in impoverished nations. Indeed, it's pretty obvious given the history of such things. As WK's post states, relying on charity for the task is ineffective beyond one time help, in the spirit of "give a man a fish" on a much larger scale.

Craig said...

I got it today, I expect it’ll be an interesting companion to Dead Aid.

Marshal Art said...

Not familiar with that one.

Craig said...

It’s good.