Sunday, April 12, 2020

It’d be a shame

I see that someone has decided to spread nails throughout the grounds of MBC.   What a mature way to express disagreement.     It’d be a shame if the people or person who did this identified as progressive christians.

While I think that it’s stupid to gather in person, I also have problems with the government infringing on the right of people to peaceably assemble, and of the government to unilaterally decree that places of worship must be shut down.   Seems to be a constitutional problem to me. B

Of course, as I said, this sort of gathering is just about as stupid as those who don’t vaccinate, but I wasn’t aware that stupid was against the law.

2 comments:

Marshal Art said...

It's only stupid to gather if done recklessly. If one is more susceptible to infection, it is more stupid because purposely making contact is more risky. If one is fearful that one might be susceptible, then stay home, don't make any contact and hope when the "all clear" is given that things are really "all clear".

Craig said...

Technically I’d agree. However you’re seeing the “you don’t trust Jesus” folks making it sound appropriate to take no precautions.

I just think it’s stupid to take a pointless risk for lo little return.

Of course it’s more about the possibility that some progressive christian in that part of KY, is the nail thrower.