https://x.com/bridgetayers/status/2098804397635727592?s=51&t=cLq01Oy84YkmYPZ-URIMYw
"And so it begins. Another Lindsay Clancy juror reportedly has an assault and battery charge in her past. She also had social media posts during the trial. She put herself out there publicly after the mistrial, so it isn’t surprising that people started scrutinizing her social accounts. But absent what happened with the holdout juror, I doubt anyone would have gone much further than that. Now it’s open season. Internet sleuths are going to start digging into the backgrounds of the other jurors because the media decided it was appropriate to publicize one juror’s private life in an effort to discredit his vote. I’ve already written about how this could taint a potential retrial in the Lindsay Clancy case, but I think the consequences could reach much further. What prospective juror is going to watch this unfold and think, “Yes, I’d love to serve on a trial that could get media attention”? Do your civic duty, sit through weeks of testimony, deliberate, cast your vote, and then risk having strangers comb through your public records, finances, family disputes, social-media accounts and personal life. That is a terrible precedent for the jury system."
No comments:
Post a Comment