"1. Reasonable
2. Good
3. Godly/moral/advisable."
Dan got upset (Dan doesn't like the word "upset" so...) took exception to my description of these terms as vague and subjective. Art didn't want Dan to use this to hijack the thread.
Therefore, I decided that I would provide this space for Dan to be as objective and specific is he can, while honoring Art's desire not to contaminate his thread with this "off topic" diversion.
4 comments:
I did not ("get upset"). Once again you've read something and misunderstood it. Sorry about that.
These are, of course, subjective terms. I don't think they're hard to understand but they ARE subjective. I don't think they're vague, at least in the context of a normal conversation. I would disagree with you there if you think they're vague. Feel free to speak to what you find vague about them.
Dan
Ok. you didn't "get upset". How does playing semantic games move anything forward.
What an interesting choice. Instead of defining your terms with specificity and objectivity, you do the complete opposite. Thank you.
Again, you had your chance and chose this. I see no reason for any further contributions from you. Your aversion to defining your terms or specificity seems strange given your constant assertions that people "don't understand" you. I'm trying to "understand", and you chose not to help.
Thanks.
What you're failing to understand as you read, Craig, is I never referenced you referring to those terms as vague.
Rather, I believe at some point you vaguely referred to SOMETHING I said (without citing what you were speaking of and therefore I did not know WHAT you were referring to as being vague) and I asked you, "I don't know what you mean." Meaning you did not cite whatever it was you were complaining about so I had no way of guessing what you were calling vague.
Do you understand now?
Dan
Dan: "I never referenced you referring to those terms as vague"
Dan: "TELL me which "vague, subjective terms" you think I've offered and I can clarify."
So, I did exactly what you asked me to do, and you refuse to do what you said you would do. You said you'd "clarify", yet you've chosen not to. Not my problem.
The problem is that I DID specify what I was referring to (in a comment you seem to have not read) and now you're whining about this BS.
You have the opportunity to do what you said you'd do, "clarify". Right here and now you can do what you said you'd do. Instead you complain.
Post a Comment