Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Love other people

I just st finished the new Bob Goff book, and I’m struck by the story of his crusade against child sacrifice and mutilation in Uganda.   I compare his approach to a truly horrific problem, and the results he’s gotten, to the people we see all over Facebook, Twitter, and the internet screaming about the crisis du jour, but not doing anything to actually fix the problem.  Not only not fixing the problem, but also not demonstrating the listing be of Jesus to their “enemies”.

I want to be like Bob, who’s trying to be like Jesus, instead of the screaming vitriolic crowd.  

Part of that means, I’m going to try to talk less and do more.  

I’m sure I’ll fall short of this goal, but I’d rather fail trying to be more loving, than simply get dragged down in the gutter.

No comments: