Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Summary

"- God is beyond everyone’s understanding, except mine
– God is beyond all definitions, except mine
– God is beyond all human understanding, except mine
– I’m not contradicting myself, it’s a mystery! a mystery!
– as long as you don’t look to closely, they’re all the same!
– allow me to tell you about God, which no one can do but me"

 

The excerpt above is from the summary of a debate that WK wrote.  What I find interesting (even though it;s clearly tongue in cheek), is that it's a pretty good summary of what I hear from a lot of people on the theological left side of things.  

 https://winteryknight.com/2020/09/09/chris-sinkinson-debates-john-hick-on-religious-pluralism-and-salvation-7/

Many of the "arguments" used in the debate to justify pluralism are also used to justify other theological claims, it's too bad that they aren't particularly good arguments.    Especially the third one, I see versions of that regularly. 

No comments: