https://www.instagram.com/p/DcOfT-MuXkv/?igsi=cHU3d2ZoMXg2dGgw
"We're using the Democratc Party as a ballot-access vehicle, not because we share it's goals. We build our own organization, get elected under the Democratic label, caucus with the Democrats when it's useful, and push our own agenda from the inside. We see the Democratic establishment as an obstacle, not a home."
"That's Gustavo Gordillo, a Champagne Socialist who owns a $1.5M townhouse that his parents bought him. He’s also the beneficiary of a trust fund and could possibly own more undisclosed properties.
Born in Peru and raised in Miami, he now lives in a 6-bedroom row house in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn.
He claims to be a “union electrician”, his parents are multimillionaires and own an engineering company with multiple offices across the world and the U.S."
Why is it that all of the DSA spokespeople are rich? Why is the DFL so desperate that they will allow groups that clearly want to supplant them use the DFL as a skin suit for goals that do not align with the DFL?
2 comments:
Moreover, none of this sounds surprising.
However, I have a similar strategy for the GOP. I used to be a card-holding member, but no longer. At the same time, I still vote GOP because they're far, far closer to sanity and righteousness than any other political party available. I'd prefer they were more conservative than they claim to be, and the best way to insure that is from the inside...promoting and supporting the best, most conservative (and Christian) candidates possible until the RINOs are of no consequence, if any haven't been pushed out. RINOs will go with the flow, so the more conservatives in the party there are, the more likely the RINOs will fall in line behind them.
Of course, getting good conservative (and Christian) candidates selected and elected requires good conservative (and Christian...or at least "Christian-like") being in greater supply than the apathetic, low info voters, and certainly in greater supply than the stupid and morally bankrupt people who vote for lefties. That's a higher bar to clear.
I view party affiliation in much the same way I view denominational affiliation. I identify politically as a conservative and as such my only real party option is the GOP. Would I vote for a conservative independent or democrat, probably, but I will continue to identify with the GOP for primary voting.
Denominationally, I am a member of a ECO (Presbyterian) church, but usually identify as Reformed. I play/worship at a variety of churches locally but would not play/worship at a church with which I did not align doctrinally.
Obviously, the candidates are determined by the voters and who their choices are.
Post a Comment