Monday, August 24, 2026

WVMLTT (I'm Merely Quoting The Voice Of A Woman) However I Think She's Pretty Wise

 https://www.instagram.com/p/DcKKAdXEdsB/?img_index=3&igsi=ZXFuMzl4cnR4Zndx

 "Maybe the greatest marketing campaign of all time was taking the things women were once warned about and selling them back to us as empowerment.

Lust became liberation.
Greed became ambition.
Envy became equality.
Wrath became empowerment.
Gluttony became “having it all.”
Sloth became outsourcing.
Pride became independence.

Different packaging. Same human nature.

And somehow questioning any of it is more controversial than the consequences."

Lust became sexual liberation.

Casual sex=empowering

Modesty=oppression (except for the burka/chador)

Promiscuity=freedom

(What could possibly go wrong)

 Greed became ambition. 

 More money

More status

More Success

Because apparently a peaceful home isn't enough to aspire to.

 Envy became equality.

Stop celebrating femininity

Start competing with men

Then call the differences between us unfair  

(Very liberating)

 Wrath became empowerment

Men are toxic

Marriage is a trap

Dependence is weakness

Resentment, but make it progressive

 Gluttony became having it all

The career

The money

The family

The lifestyle

Do it all

Have it all

(Just don't ask why you're exhausted)

 Sloth became outsourcing

 Outsource the meals

The home

The childcare

Then spend your best hours working for someone else

 Pride became independence

"I don't need a man"

"I don't need anyone"

Depend on a husband" Oppression

Depend on a boss, daycare, and two incomes? Liberation

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Marshal Art said...

Very wise indeed. "Progressive" cries for "women's rights" resulted in this perversion of the woman's best interests.

Craig said...

It's interesting how things are rebranded in ways that make things which have historically been considered bad to magically become good.

But, I do think that her thoughts on this are accurate and worth sharing.