Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Straight cash, homie.

It sounds like there will be checks in in the mail soon from the Federal government.

I don’t really have much on an opinion about the policy, but I do have a question.

For all y’all who complain about everything Trump does, and who insist that he’s going to destroy the country, will you keep the cash?

If not, let me know, I’ll be happy to keep the tainted money from befouling you.

If this alleged check ever actually shows up, I'm seriously considering a trip to the gun store.  Who knows how long it'll be until the peoples republic up here decides to follow Philadelphia and stop enforcing the law.

2 comments:

Stan said...

I read a news item this morning about someone who left a $9400 tip at a Texas restaurant to help with the shutdown. Very kind. The report said they distributed the tip so each employee received around $300. The owner said it "should help soften the blow." And I was thinking, "For how long? How much longer will you survive with an extra $300?" I think that any government-national-bailout can't be much more helpful than that $300.

Craig said...

I somewhat agree. I think it depends on the amount and duration as to how helpful it is to individuals. I think the hope is that it’ll be spent and pump liquidity into the economy at large. Which does seem like it would help somewhat.

There’s also the sense in which it can help people be less concerned.

Like I said, I’m not sure if it’s a great idea or not, but I expect the Trump haters to either send it back, or give it away.

It’s kind of cool to see Chiefs players challenging each other to match or exceed their donations to food banks.