Tuesday, December 26, 2023

RIP

 I just learned today that John Shuck, the namesake of this blog actually died in October of 2022.    John was a strange guy.   I became acquainted with him during the period when the PCUSA was circling the drain around the issue of ordaining gays.   After John lost his son to suicide, he went further out to the fringes.  He first announced himself to be an atheist, while being an ordained PCUSA pastor, then he flirted with Islam, and finally went down a rabbit hole of various conspiracies.   Primarily that 9-11 was carried out by the CIA, and that COVID was a precursor to a catastrophe.  Needless to say he was militantly anti-vax.    Unfortunately he contracted COVID and died from it.   Unlike some, I'll simply note the irony, and move on.


My sympathy goes out to his wife and daughter, I hope that they are surviving this as well as possible.  My sympathy also goes out to John.  I can't imagine the mental anguish he went through after losing his son, and it's painful to see what it did to him.  



No comments: