Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Dan

After all the “Russian troll”, “bot”, “fake news” hullabaloo you’ve thrown up over the last few months, and your alleged doubts that I’m a “real person”, I had the following revelation.  The first specific mention of you on my blog, was in July of 2009.   I’m sure that wasn’t the first time we “talked”, so it’s safe to say that we’ve spent the last decade communicating via multiple blogs as well as via email.    At no time during that decade did you ever so much as hint that I wasn’t a “real person”.   When you offered condolences at my father’s sudden death you certainly appeared to be sincerely responding to a real person’s loss and pain.  When you’ve offered to pray for me, you appeared to be responding to real situations in the life of s real person.   A real person who you had an ongoing relationship with (not face to face, but a real relationship nonetheless).

So now when you say that you think I’m a “Russian troll” or any of the other attempts to dehumanize me after 10 years, I say it must be one of two things.

1.   It’s simply a tactic to dehumanize your opponent and to give you an excuse to delete comments that challenged you (while lying about the content of the deleted comments), and to dodge and avoid when it was convenient.

Or

2.  You are one of the most incredibly gullible, stupid people on the face of the earth if you got taken in for a decade.

Or

2a.   I’m the most amazing Russian troll ever (starting years before “Russian troll” was even a thing) and I led you by your gullible little nose for a decade.

Whatever the truth is, if you think that anyone believes that you honestly entertained the “Russian troll” notion seriously, your just lying to yourself.

I suspect that you’re thrilled with all the attention on you, and getting to “make me” accede to your silly demands.   I truly believe you are a real person with some really unhealthy needs for control and attention.   I hope that the perverse satisfaction you must be getting is worth it.

Finally, none of this would even be a particularly big deal if you hadn’t spent the majority of the decade we’ve known each other being so vociferous against lies, “slander”, and various other affronts to your perceived integrity.   As it so often does, it comes back to you applying the same standards to yourself as you do to others.


3 comments:

Craig said...

Apparently Dan has sat in judgement of my realness and he’s deigned to grant that he “thinks” I’m probably who I say I am, and he’s now pronounced me to be officially real. I’m so happy with this news I could just burst with pride. It’s like I’m a USDA approved grade D person, but I have hope.


In all seriousness, how self centered, pompous, and conceited does someone have to be to believe that they have the standing to declare something to be a real person. Of course hubris is nothing new to Dan.

Marshal Art said...

Again, I regard the whole thing as a lie designed to muddy the waters after being confronted with that which he finds inconvenient or problematic. But like a good comedic actor, he plays it like he's serious.

Craig said...

I suspect that’s at least part of the reason.