Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Justice

 This new concept of justice that seems to be defined by outcome (predetermined), rather than by process seems to be fairly unjust.


It was announced quickly after the Jacob Blake shooting that the process was a "30 day" process.  Now, I don't know why it's a "30 day" process, but as long as it's a "30 day" process in every similar case, then I don't see how it's unjust to go through the "30 day" process.  

Yet, somehow burning business who support BLM,  attacking elderly business owners before burning his business, rioting, and threats are either a form of justice or an attempt to bring about justice through coercive force.

At this point, very early in the timeline and with Mr Blake's condition still uncertain, it seems strange to jump to conclusion and to violent action.


Greg Boyd, (theologically liberal, Anabaptist, political liberal, and a genuinely nice guy) wrote this...

"I'm burdened with a heavy heart today.  I grieve another black man being unjustly shot by police.  I grieve the unjust and completely counterproductive destruction of property that this shooting brought about. & I grieve the unwillingness of Americans to listen to their opponents."

And is getting a negative response from the tolerant left for this and some other tweets recently.

I don't agree that we know with any degree of certainty that the shooting was "unjust" at this point, but I do understand and agree with his larger point.


No comments: