Monday, October 30, 2023

Preliminary

 https://abcnews.go.com/Health/flu-covid-shot-reasonable-amid-safety-review-potential/story?id=104308950

 

 

"Older adults who received last year’s COVID booster and a high-dose version of the flu vaccine in the same visit may have a potential increased risk of stroke, according to a new FDA-funded study.

Experts urged that the results were preliminary and may be explained by other factors such as the fact that older adults are already at a higher risk for stroke due to their age."

 

One wonders why they didn't study the effects of these boosters before they pressured millions of people into getting them?  

 One further wonders why they'd continue to recommend that older people, who are already at increased risk of stroke, pile risk upon risk and get more of these un researched boosters. 

3 comments:

Marshal Art said...

I heard someone mention that covid "vaccines" are replacing the perennial flu-vaccine PSAs these days. I typically reject either, as I try to take care of myself and haven't been victimized by the flu since I quit smoking tobacco almost twenty years ago. I allegedly caught the covid Dec '21, but never took the jab. I'm not big on vaccines in general, though I'm not truly "anti-vaccine" in the sense that I oppose their use. Indeed, I've done the shingles vax, particularly after my poor wife suffered from a bout of it. As I get older, I do think about perhaps altering my position on my own use of some of them. The covid drugs are a definite no-go.

Stan said...

It struck me while watching a "The sky is falling; it's RSV!!" PSA about how people over 60 are at a higher risk of hospitalization that the simple truth is, the older we get, the more at risk we are of hospitalization. Why push people at risk for stroke to take medications that might cause strokes? Because so few appear to be thinking anymore. (Or, more likely, it's because Big Pharma is looking for a new injection of cash now that the real COVID scare is over.)

Craig said...

Stan,

As you note it's almost like the COVID crisis was so successful for big pharma, that they need to manufacture a new crisis to keep the money flowing. But you are correct in noting that as we age, our risks increase. It does seem absurd, if you actually think it through, that they are advocating increasing the risk of stroke as a way to decrease the risk of diseases that are generally less debilitating than strokes. We've gone from the military industrial complex to the trans-medical complex and the government-pharma complex.

Maybe of we get a truly conservative government, they'll engage in this sort of corporate welfare for gun manufacturers.