Friday, November 3, 2023

The Truth Hurts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yysKhJ1U-vM

Let's not kid ourselves, Bill Maher is without question a liberal.  He's outspoken about his politics and his liberal worldview.   That's what makes this video even more compelling.  It's not some right wing wacko ranting, it's a popular left wing TV host making intelligent and cogent points.    


I'll be honest, I probably disagree with Bill Maher on 90% of things, but I have a massive amount of respect for him as being one of the few on the left who's willing to look at what is happening on his side of the aisle and to call it out publicly.  

3 comments:

Marshal Art said...

I feel the same about the guy. I'll watch the vid later, but he's surprised his own on more than one occasion. But yeah, I won't kid myself. I still regard Tulsi Gabbard with some suspicion. A few points of agreement are noteworthy and appreciated, but beyond that, they are likely still what they've always been.

Craig said...

I have no problem with someone who disagrees with me on political issues, I think it's actually a good thing to have two sides. I can respect someone like Gabbard or Maher who have principles and are willing to stand up against the narrative when they know it's bullshit. Too many on the left just buy into whatever bullshit narrative they're fed and can't be bothered to look for the Truth.

Marshal Art said...

Indeed. A rare as it is to hear common sense and truth from a leftist, some of them have their moments. In the meantime, if they're sincere, they have every right to follow their notions so long as they have the honesty to acknowledge why they might not be working as expected. Those, like the two mentioned, who have the stones to accept reality...even if only occasionally...are worthy of a thumbs up when they have one coming. It's refreshing to see. There's a mayor I just saw on some show because he switched from Dem to Republican. As he explained his move, he still retained some vibe of leftism, but his problems with the party in his town stemmed from Dems who are in the majority, and he could no longer abide the problems left unresolved by them. Again, another cool thing. Hopefully, he's one of those lefties who aren't as left as they think they are and their conservatism will be exposed when faced with leftist provoked consequences.