https://x.com/Cheering4Change/status/2073908056379781424/video/1?s=51
A few thoughts about the McConnell situation.
1. This is a great argument for some sort of limits on those in congress. Either age, health, or capacity.
2. It's also a good argument for some sort of remote voting under certain limited circumstances.
3. If, the KY GOP is trying to wait out the deadline before removing him from the ballot to prevent Massie from willing a special election, that seems pretty close to the DFL strategy of putting their finger on the scales of primaries.
4. The fact that an independent journalist who I've never heard of is the one who seems to be doing the best coverage of this is just one more indictment of the failures of the MSM when it comes to actual journalism. (This and the NYT covering up Platner news)
2 comments:
1. I would think if there's a 25th Amendment, there should be something similar for removing members of Congress who are no longer capable of serving. Sadly, the Constitution doesn't provide such and that must be amended. With that said, and in the meantime, I still oppose any limits on the ability of a competent, beneficially effective candidate or member who wishes to serve his people from doing so and being someone for whom an eligible voter can cast his vote.
2. Not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to, say, a hospitalized member of Congress having a way to vote from his hospital bed on laws for which he would otherwise cast his vote if not in that bed, though still capable of knowing what's going on? Don't know if we need to do this, even if it means he's a tie-breaker for something I'd want to see pass. At the same time, I wouldn't necessarily oppose it without giving it greater consideration.
3. I agree. It does sound Dem-like if that's what they're doing. I don't much trust the word of his bitch John Thune, but his condition at this point may simply be physical weakness from the trauma of the event. Given Massie lost the primary, would he be eligible to fill the void left by McConnell's departure, however it comes to be? I would think it would only last until the election, as he's still a member of Congress until January. Wouldn't that be how it works?
4. I think it's crystal clear at this point that solid, reliable info is less likely to come from the "legacy media" than from independent journalists.
1. I don't disagree, except that Congress absolutely has the ability to promulgate rules that govern Congress and could definitely make a rule for this situation if they wanted. But, why would they?
2. Yes, that would be one example. If someone was recovering from surgery, I fail to see why there is not a secure mechanism that would allow them to vote remotely. For one example. Obviously, if someone is under the influence of anesthesia or otherwise incapable of comprehending what is going on that would not be allowed. But a rep who is is control of their faculties but not on site should have the ability to vote remotely under certain circumstances.
3. I understand the concern that Massie would win the special election, where he wouldn't be eligible for the general, but this is too much like the bait and switch they did with Biden, the magical delegate game they played with Bernie, and what they're doing in Maine right now. FWIW, Platner should absolutely be their candidate in Nov. They should not get a do over on this because they pushed a scumbag through their primary. Live or die with Platner.
4. One of the promises of the internet was exactly this. The ability of people to engage in journalism, without the restrictions of the corporate MSM. The reality is that, for many, it is actually working as hoped and we are seeing people willing to do journalism without fear of offending their corporate overlords or sponsors.
Post a Comment