Tuesday, July 11, 2023

BVMLTT

 "When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination."



I apologize for any confusion.  I neglected to use "" for the above quote as a way to indicate that it was not something I said, but something someone else said.   Now the title of the post, should have made it clear that I was quoting a "black voice", but apparently that subtlety was not accurately communicated.  My deepest apologies for any confusion due to my lack of proper punctuation. 

6 comments:

Dan Trabue said...

You say that without a trace of irony or self-recognition, don't you?

Craig said...

Actually, I didn't say that I quoted it. I couldn't speak for the "black voice" who actually "said" this, but I suspect that he wasn't speaking ironically, and the his "self recognition" is just fine.

Now that you know that this is a quote from a "black voice" (intentionally not identified for the present), you might reconsider your attack on me and attack to actual author of the quote. Because I'm quite sure that you know better than a :black voice" when it comes to these topics.

Glenn E. Chatfield said...

I saw where the quote was attributed to Thomas Sowell.

Craig said...

That's what I saw as well. I was trying to convey a little mystery. It doesn't matter, it's likely Dan will disparage his authentic blackness or something similar. I doubt he'll do so in the crude and racist terms we see from others of his political bent, but I do suspect he'll minimize Sowell as an authentic "black voice".

Marshal Art said...

Dan does not listen to black voices honest enough to speak of the true "root causes" of problems in the black community and possessed of enough evidence to back it up. Dan prefers "black voices" who have only their "lived experiences" which can't be truly verified as accurate, but must be accepted as beyond reproach because...well...just because.

Craig said...

Dan can be selective about which "black voices" he listens to, and which "black voices" he gives credence to.